Monday, May 20, 2013

How to Make a Forest Princess Dress!

Comments comments (1)

Jesse brought me a weddng dress he found in the abandoned in the dumpster. It was all white, strapless, with a bunch of tulle underneath. I decided to make a few changes...


I followed the instructions from Enchanted, the video game, when I made this. First, I gathered my supplies...the dress, a large bucket, black dye, salt, a spoon. I poured hot water into the cauldron and a cup of salt, then the dye, stirring it all up.


Next, I submerged the dress in the dye, mashing and stirring it around in the pot.


Let it sit for a long, long time. When I finaly took it out, the dress was not black but a light grey, only the edges and tulle had turned black. So I prepared my supplies again, let the dress dry out in the sun, and added purple dye to the mix. The end result was a pretty light violet and black dress...



Some pictures in this how-to were from the video game Enchanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment