Monday, May 20, 2013

How to Make Magic in a Small Town

Growing up in a small town can suck. I would know, I grew up in Lake Elsinore, California. Some days I wish I could ecscape to a far far away place...But lately I have come to realize that I'm here now, and I have to make the most of what I do have...So I wrote a list of things to do...

Dress up like a fairy and run around with a magic wand blessing unsuspected passerby.

Set off a glamourbomb!

Leave stickers and art all over the place, customize your surroundings

Reclaim public spaces. Host fun events at them. That couch in an empty field. laundrymats. Playgrounds and Parks. Hidden Alleys. These are all places you could have music perfomances, propaganda giveways, meet people, host circuses, throw tea parties or raves, ect.

Expore! Sure, you think you know everything about your home town, but you'd be surprised! Take new roads next time you're out and about, not prescribed pavement paths!

Hide presents around town in secret drop spots.

Write messages in bottles and cast them off into the nearest source of water...ocean, pool, bathtub, puddle, river...

Smile at strangers, start conversations with them!

Be the change you wish to see in your world.

Offer free fortunes to people in fast food restraunts.

Find a treehouse...there's got to be one somewhere! If you can't findone, build one! You can get all the supplies for free in dumpsters,abandoned houses, junkyards, ect.

We can "build castles in the sky from the ruins of hell on earth"
-Crimethinc

Seek out the other people like you. Look in unexpected places, use craigslist if you have to...form cool communities and new subcultures.

Drink on a roof. Dance in the streets. Love your friends and celebrate with them often.

No comments:

Post a Comment