Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Life at the Lake...


Hi, friends of the forest!  All summer, I've been enjoying having fun at the lake.  After all, it's my town's namesake!  Less than a block away from our house is the lakefront, with a small forest surrounding it...  I like to ride my bike down there and explore...

At the beginning of summer, the cranes were shedding their feathers and getting ready for the mating season.  I managed to get a good photo of them squawking in their nests high in the trees...

 We came across a strange sight in the woods as we walked towards the lake: a car shopping cart next to a long pallet leaning on a tree.  I suspected some teenagers wanted to make a ride, but didn't have the proper tools...oh well, it would have been quite thrilling to ride...


When we finally reached the lake, I encountered a scene that was uncannily like the part in Zelda: Ocarina of Time when Link finds the empty bottle in Lake Hylia. We wrote a message in it and cast it into the deep blue lake...


We discovered a D.I.Y dock made of a pallet near by the lake...gosh, it would be perfect for launching off my inflatable tortoise...

One of the risks of going down to the lake is seeing dead fish...to be honest, I have had a fish phobia my entire life, but this skeleton intrigued me...


While in Arizona, I spotted a real whale of an RV park, I wish we had a whale at our hometown lake!


No comments:

Post a Comment