Monday, May 20, 2013

Forest Finds: Oh Deer, Deals!


Hello once again, my deer readers to another segement of Thrift Treasures!  This week, I found lots of cute items featuring everyone's favorite forest creature that I'd like to share wih you, as well as some tips to make your next thrifting hunt a success...


  I rode my bike to a fairly new thift store, Grammy's Thrift, a cute hole in the wall place near a sewing shop and laundry mat.  Outside was a sale rack, I saw a brown sweater and pulled it out...a cute image of Bambi seemed to wink at me, and I threw it in my shopping basket...


I found this rare vintage deer pin with emerald green eyes in the back of Grammy's Thrift.  Grammy even took a dollar off the original price and sold me a ton of stuff for a low price.  She is the swetest shopkeeper in town!

Thrift Tip: Don't be afraid to haggle or ask for a deal if you know the merchants well.  Most stores like to reward regular customers with benefits now and then...


Found a cute teal forest print of deer in a meadow at the Lord's Closet.  I wish I knew the artist who created it...

Thrift Tip: Hit up your regular shops once a week, as you never know when something new will come in! 


Last but not least, I headed down to TNT Crafts, my main source in the community for art supplies.  I bought a ton of stuff to stock up my magic workshop for the winter and the shopkeeper Bonnie threw in four vintage deer for free and a gnome doll! 

Thrift Tip: Just as goths find a plethora of cute items during the Halloween season, forest freaks can benefit from the Christmas sales.  Pine trees, deer, pinecones, gnomes, and fake leaves can be bought cheap at this time and re-made into fabulous forest fashions!

No comments:

Post a Comment