Friday, July 26, 2013

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a Fun Forest Video Game



In case ya friends of the forest didn't realize, I have a confession to make:  I play video games.  Maybe a little too much.  However, in my defense I don't watch television so I'm not any lazier than the average person.  I still prefer a real exploration through a forest, but sometimes (especially in the summer) it's way too hot to go outside.  So I play in virtual forests...

fun fact: Animal Crossing is known as Animal Forest (Dōbutsu no Mori) in Japan where it originated.

I'm currently Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which I kind of got for free by taking in a ton of old Wii games to gamestop for store credit.  I used to have Animal Crossing on my old Gamecube and remembered it fondly.  The newest entry in the series for the Nintendo 3DS is a huge improvement in the series.  You have to design, build, and run a small forest town. (The "town-building" genre seems to be big this year....it's the main theme of Animal Crossing New Leaf, Harvest Moon a New Beginning, and Rune Factory 4.  This trend is going to wear thin soon.) Your friends and family can move in to live in your town, and you can interact with people online, visiting their towns and inviting them to yours! 

One of the best aspects of the game is that you can customize almost anything!  You can even share your creations with others through QR Codes.  Here is a special downloadable goodie I created to celebrate the game for my friends of the forest to download:

Just talk to Sable in the clothing store ten times to unlock the sewing machine, then line up the boxes with your 3DS QR Code Scanner.  It's easier than it sounds, trust me!  Also, you can add me to your 3DS friends list by clicking the orange :] box on the 3DS home screen.  Leave your friend code in the comments so I can add you back, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment