Friday, September 19, 2014

Recipe: Enchanted Forest Salad



I don't know about you, forest freaks, but it's been way too hot in my neck of the woods lately.  Summer still lingers and I don't feel like doing much cooking.  Thankfully, I have this enchanted forest salad to refresh myself!  We recently harvested radishes from our garden that I had been hankering to use up. 

a bunch of spinach leaves
5 mushroom radishes
2 tbsp blue cheese
1/4 cup dried cranberries
 a drizzle of apple cider vinegar 

I carved the radishes to look like mushrooms and a gnome, setting aside scraps from the carvings to make pickled radishes. I tossed in a bed of spinach leaves with apple cider vinegar as a dressing, and added crumbled cheese because it reminded me of the spots on a real amanita muscaria mushroom. Dried cranberries complete the forest flavor. 


1 comment: