Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Forest Fiction Fan Club October: The Vanished Messenger


Friends of the Forest who enjoy reading old novels will enjoy this month's book club pick, The Vanished Messenger by E. Phillips Oppenheim.   In fact, most of this book is a mystery to me since I haven't read it yet.  I hear it's very Edwardian and spooky, with a touch of romance.  What really got me was the cover, as I was searching for a book that was both forest and spooky this month.  I'm happy to announce that I think this book will be just perfect.  Download it at Project Gutenburg for free and come back on October 30th to discuss your impressions of The Vanished Messenger!

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, I'm a sucker for a good cover. It too me forever to find the perfect book this month, once I saw this I knew it was the one!

    ReplyDelete