Friday, June 10, 2016

Leafy Links

What a wonderful week in the woods it was, forest friends!  Here are some of the things I've been working on and loving this week:


 I have always wanted to create a ForestFinder mobile app, which would allow users to locate and tag any forested area, not just major national parks.  Eventually this program could spread through the country allowing people to easily locate forests.  I recently discovered the Baltimore Greenspace initative, where they locate and protect forest patches.  Since I found out about the patch protection program, I have been experimenting with tagging forest patches based on the Baltimore Forest Patch Atlas. Download the ForestFinder app at the Amazon Marketplace.

 photo by Izzy Lawlor

I met Blackbird and Magpie at the Faerie Faire, they recently opened an etsy shop and will be at Faeriecon in November! 



Burpee Gardens Summer Camp is going on from June 20th to the 24th.  Sign up to complete activities and get a free pack of garden pollinator seeds! 







Found a fun little blog this week by a girl who loves foxes.  There might be Coffee, she is cute and loves video games just as much as I do!

 photo by Anria Grothe

Tomorrow is the annual Clothing Swap in Baltimore.  I'm hoping to drop off some things I don't need anymore and find some new treasures!  Have a great weekend everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment