Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The Best and the Worst of the Matcha Munchies!



We rounded up the best matcha flavored candies to review! Po Tung Trading Oriental Grocery Store located in the Mt. Vernon neighborhood of Baltimore has become a place I go to when I need to escape the library on my lunch break.  They have really good deals on exotic produce (such as the purple sweet potato ube) and the best selection of imported candy around!  We recently bought every matcha item in the store to find out which ones are the best...

Crisp Crepes Matcha  These small cookies meant to resemble thin pancakes are filled with a green tea creme and have pale green stripes on the wafer.  While a sweet treat, these individually wrapped cookies may be a better bet for a mori girl's tea party than real snack. 

Green Tea Cream Wafers  A classic wafer cookie with green tea flavor in the middle.  Slightly full bodies bitter flavor.  I like to dismantle the layers and scrape the creme off..


Choco Pie Matcha Flavor  These are just too much for me.  The matcha part of the cookie tastes like stale graham crackers and I'm not the biggest fan of marshmallows as they contain gelatin.  My boyfriend loves them though and will probably eat the whole box.

Matcha Green Tea Milk Chewy Candy  These individually wrapped milk chews are like a green tea tootsie roll. They have a strange, bitter aftertaste but I still eat them often when I want a treat.


Matcha Pocky This is the best candy on the list.  As the main food group for any anime nerds, the matcha flavor is my absolute favorite and I do feel a bit like a beaver chewing on twigs when I much these.  I have bought these often for the past three years and highly recommend!

Japanese Style Green Tea Mochi  My boss buys these for me and my coworkers sometimes.  I like them but prefer them chilled, as they remind me of the matcha mochi ice cream I buy at Eddie's.


Hello Panda Matcha Filled Snacks  I am not the biggest fan of Hello Panda, but I decided to give these a try nonetheless.   I am sad because you can't see the pictures of the panda bear that well. And I just don't like the filling...


Matcha Flavored White Rabbit I was introduced to the milk candy White Rabbit when my boss bought me some.  Wow they are good!  The matcha flavored version is even better, like strong green tea with a bit of milk...
 

Deluxe Matcha Wafers These are straw cookies and I love them.  These would be so good as a garnish in a starbucks green tea frappucino with a matcha cake pop!  I would buy again.




Disclaimer: The candies pictured in this post cannot be considered healthy foods.  The Forest blog utilizes affiliate marketing, so any links you click on for these products may give The Forest a commision.

No comments:

Post a Comment