Sunday, June 12, 2022

Weekend in my Woods


"We are the village green preservation society, God bless strawberry jam and all the different varieties..."
Village Green Preservation Society - The Kinks

It was a wonderful weekend. The watercolors of the rain painted a grey and green landscape after the storm on Friday night, when the wind blew down the trees. When trees fall in the forest, just let them fall. Let your problems pass peacefully. It is the way of the woods as nature intended. 


Went for a walk around the neighborhood to one of my favorite places, the village green of Remington. The gardeners harvest and share their vegetables and herbs with anyone who wants them, and this time I found two fresh from the farm turnips! Added them to my lunch salad.


Headed over to Goodwill on Greenmount, where I found a Tasha Tudor documentary on VHS for a dollar. On the way out I passed Herman's Discount, which reminded me of the movie we watched last night. A friend lent me a copy of Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter starring the band Herman's Hermits.


Spent the rest of the day at my boyfriend's apartment, where we set up a craft room. I sat on the hardwood floor cutting up fabric to make this dark green skirt with a pattern of mallard ducks.  

1 comment: