Monday, May 20, 2013

Fresh Forest Finds: Wicked Bamboo Nail Decals

I've never really been interested in nail art because I couldn't find designs that I liked and fit my forest style.  Recently, I started challenging myself to create my own designs, like using wood grain shelving paper to do my nails, or sticking leaves on them.  The other day while shopping for a new bottle of green polish, I came across these Salley Hansen Salon Effects Strips in Wicked Bamboo.  I was so exited someone finally atttemped a wood design, I decided to try them out...
These strips are from a limited edition collection, I couldn't even find them on the Sally Hansen website!  You can buy them on amazon.com...
It was my first time using these strips, so it took me a few minutes to get the hang of it.  They seem a bit complicated at first but are actually really easy to use!  They lasted almost two weeks for me, and when they started to chip I just stretched the effects farther with a duotone effect...
 I would get them again, but the only problem was they just weren't detailed enough wood grain for me, I'd love it if Sally Hansen would make a faux bois effect strip!  Until then, I'll stick to shelving paper...

No comments:

Post a Comment