Monday, May 20, 2013

Into the Woods...




I woke up early dressed in a long gyspy skirt, barefoot with leaves in my hair, to set up The Enchanted Forest Yard Sale on the forest's front lawn. My small tent, deck of cards, toy cash register, homeade clothes, and colorful banners appeared from the boxes like white rabbits in the magician's hat ...


'Always follow your dreams" I noticed the encouraging coincdence and smiled. My dream once was to have my own little shop where I sold homemade, thrifted, and altered clothing and strange and unusual objects. It wouldn't just be a store, it would be a social center where indie art could be displayed and open mic nights held...
a distant dream but one still worth following anyway...

I shook my tambourine and danced in the grass when potential customers walked by and tried to lure them into the yard sale. I sold a few clothes and then a man came for a fortune. I read his cards and he gave me a $5.00 tip! I stuffed it all into my tiny cash register and thought, "This must be my lucky day."


With all the money I made (and a coupon for a free meal), I decided to take Jesse on a date into the nearest forest...we found a cozy tree near a small canyon and dined on pomegranate seeds, soda, cookies, bread & honey and read each other poems. Squirrels and little birds sat down by us, it was like a Disney movie. Afterwards, he played me some songs he recorded the day before. I love his music, it puts me on the planet of sound, a world of sweet vibes...

No comments:

Post a Comment