Monday, May 20, 2013

Living in a Roadtrip Nation


Everywhere I turn, people try to lead me astray on my quest.  "Take the easy way out, choose a safe route."  I don't want to follow in their footsteps; I want to blaze my own trail!  It's time to glide across the path like no one's watching, time to burn the maps and draw up some new ones!  As an individual, I need to get back to focusing on The Forest.  With my heart as my compass, I'll let the winds guide me back to the beaten path in the woods...

I've been on a roadtrip, a journey of self discovery that helped me define my road in life.  This summer, I participated in a Roadtrip Nation program at my local youth oppurtunity center.  At first, I had no idea what to expect.  The only clues I had were that we would take career assesment tests and interview people with jobs in our chosen fields. At the time, I thought "Ugh, I already know what I want to do, they're just gonna try to tell me to go into nursing or something..."  I was pleasantly surprised when some of the first lessons we did  journaled about our intrests and learned how to shed 'The Noise', the outside influences and negative feedback we recieve from others.  The program inspired me to put more energy into doing what I love for a living!  I discovered more about the town I live in, how there are people doing remarkable things here I never knew before.  I even made some great new friends and met the cast & crew of the real Roadtrip Nation!  All in all, it was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to get on the road again...

1 comment:

  1. Kasvava metsa müük tähendab seda, et müüakse ainult metsamaal kasvavat täiskasvanud metsa, s.o õigust raiuda metsa. Pärast raietöid ja metsamaterjali müüki jääb metsamaa metsaomanikule. Metsa ABC on üks tunnustatumaid ja usaldusväärsemaid metsamajandusettevõtteid Eestis.

    ReplyDelete