Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Forest Librarian Reccomends...Under the Greenwood Tree


Is it just me, or does fall make you want to curl up in a cozy chair with a nice cup of tea (or glass of wine...) on a cold evening with a little lamp lit reading a vintage book?  I used to have nights like that often when I worked at the library, and I long for them since I moved into Jesse's last year and haven't read a good vintage in a while...I want to have nights like that again, so the next book on my reading list is Thomas hardy's Under the Greenwood Tree.  It is a love story about a schoolteacher involved with three suitors with charming pastoral and forest themes.  I watched the film on Netflix last night and really want to read the book now...Good thing I can download it for free at Project Gutenburg.  Or purchase a vintage copy on Amazon.  Forest friends, do you have any good books to recommend?  Preferably a classic...

No comments:

Post a Comment