Friday, February 28, 2014

Exhibit A: Mushroom & Leaf Pizza Page



Today I made a pizza for lunch since it was such a cold day...I make all my pizzas from scratch with a simple recipe that doesn't require yeast.  Which is useful for me because I barely ever have any..

2 cups water
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp baking powder
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup oil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.  Mix flour, salt, and baking powder.  Knead dough and pound out into a rectangular shape on a floured surface.  Add a thin layer of oil on the top, bake for five minutes.  Add your toppings.  I chose a pesto sauce, mozzarella cheese, then topped with sliced mushrooms, spinach leaves and green onions to mimic a page out of a botanist's book...


To serve, place on a rectangular tray with a snippet of paper titling the dish...Add a pizza slicer and place on a wooden table under a tree to serve someone...

No comments:

Post a Comment