Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Daily Outfit: Meandering Moose


Hi, forest fashion fans!  The other day, my boyfriend's dad brought home a six-pack of Moosehead Lager.  As I was cleaning up the mess, I held a bottle cap up and admired the green and red design.  I try to recycle whenever I can, so I decided to use the bottle caps to make myself a custom collection of forest accessories. 


I ended up making a necklace, ring, and a pair of earrings (clip-on for me!)  If you can't find Moosehead caps, just take a walk around the woods.  Sadly, in my town, people seems to think these woods exist for the sole purpose of drinking and littering.  I hate that, so I try to clean up when I can...


I made the necklace with an old gold chain and a small gold leaf clasp...


I added a Moose patch to a basic olive dress, the kind forest rangers wear.  


Too bad wild moose aren't native to Southern California!  I didn't spot any on my march to the forest.

2 comments:

  1. What a clever idea with the caps. And, btw, you're looking lovely these days, Ariel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's always nice to get a lil pick me up like that.

    ReplyDelete