Sunday, June 29, 2014

Summer Roadtrips: Knott's Berry Farm


We recently went to Knott's Berry Farm with the family and had a blast!  I hadn't been to the theme park in exactly a decade, for a junior high graduation trip.  I spent the night before the trip looking at an old book about the history of the farm and old photos...


As soon as we arrived, we went on Ghostrider, the park's oldest wooden roller coaster!  I just love wooden roller coasters that wind through forests...


My favorite rides tend to be water and wood types. Knott's recently re-did their mining ride this year, and the log ride was spruced up last summer.  I loved seeing the animation loggers sawing, swinging and getting sweaty in the ride!


After the log rides I always want to go on the river rapids.  However, I'd rather swim down a real river any day, there are no lines and it last longer than a minute!


Our favorite ride by far was the Pony Express, where you ride plastic horses on a single-track rollercoaster with no seatbelts!  Unfortunately, they were so fast I couldn't get a photo of the horses...

No comments:

Post a Comment