Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Recipe: Spinach & Basil Hummus


Ahh, hummus. The food of the gods. Ever since my boyfriend bought me a new food processor for the holidays, I've been experimenting with homemade hummus. Today I decided to try something so green, just looking at it feels healthy.  I give you...Spinach & Herb Hummus

Ingredients: 
2 cups soaked garbanzo beans
2 cups spinach leaves
1/4 cup tahini
3 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp fresh basil
1 clove garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

To make, add garbanzo beans 1/4 cup at a time to food processor and mash em!  Add tahini and pulverise until smooth. Set aside in separate bowl.

Next, shred spinach in food processor and mix with hummus base. Add oil, salt, pepper, garlic and basil.  Put back in the food processor for a final spin and you're done! 

Garnish with more basil and serve with pita bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment