Saturday, March 5, 2022

Peter Rabbit Picnic

 

Had a picnic in the park using recipes from The Peter Rabbit Natural Foods Cookbook by Arnold Dobrin. I made The Flopsy Bunnies' Vegetable Sandwiches, Little Black Rabbit's Orange-Honey Carrots, Old Mr. Bouncer's Lemon-Mint Peas, Littletown-Farm Carrot Cookies, and The Flopsy Bunnies' Blueberry Cobbler. Packed it all up in a basket and headed to the park...


On the way to the park, I loaded up a little free library with a few springtime storybooks to get the local children excited about the season! Spring Green, Waiting for Spring, and a paperback copy of Wind in the Willows I found while cleaning the bookshelf. I just bought a vintage hardcover copy at Wonder Used Books the other day thinking I didn't own a copy.  Oops!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Too bad you can't see a time lapse cam recording of the library to see who gets the books and how they react to them!

    ReplyDelete