Sunday, August 28, 2022

Berry Blues Potion Recipe

 


As I woke up to the beautiful view of a cloudy sky, gazing out the tower window to the forest below, I felt like having a magical morning. I spent a few hours studying herbalism and concocted a blend for an uplifting tea using dried berries I had on hand in the apothecary. One tried and true trick is to pair ingredients by color. In this case I was intrigued by shades of dark blue and purple...

Juniper berries contain antioxidants and can reduce blood sugar. The jujubes are full of more antioxidants and Vitamin C. The fig acts a honey substitute and contains the same magical properties of love and happiness as honey.

1 tablespoon juniper berries

dried jujubes

1 perfectly ripe fig

Add ingredients in pot with water. Bring to a boil and cover. Steep for one hour. Brew in batches.

Variations: Add dried fruit, peaflower, hibiscus...


No comments:

Post a Comment