Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Winnie the Pooh Tea Party



I am obsessed with children's books about forest animals. I've read them all, and recently decided to re-visit the world of the Hundred Acre Wood...

I was thrilled to find these Classic Pooh design teacups and saucers by Royal Dutton at Goodwill on Greenmount. They paired well with the Winnie the Pooh Teatime Cookbook that I got for free at the Book Thing last month. I decided to read the book while drinking kava and cardamom tea. 


“Pooh,” he said, “Christopher Robin is giving a party.”
“Oh!” said Pooh And then seeing that Owl expected him to say something else, he said, “Will there be those little cake things with pink sugar icing?” Owl felt that it was rather beneath him to talk about little cake things with pink sugar icing, so he told Pooh exactly what Christopher Robin had said, and flew off to Eeyore.
-Winnie the Pooh

The book contained a basic honey cake recipe which I spiced up with a powdered sugar icing and mixed nuts! 


I found more books a the library I work at to read during the teatime. The original Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne, Pooh's Little Instruction Book by Joan Powers and A Walk in the Wood by Joseph Parent.

To end the evening, my boyfriend Tom came over to eat some of the cake and watch the film Goodbye Christopher Robin with me. The movie was about the son of A.A. Milne, the inspiration behind the books and how that fame affected him growing up. We had just seen Disney's Christopher Robin a few weeks ago, so this was a good follow-up!


No comments:

Post a Comment