Monday, April 24, 2023

The Spring Fairy Ball

 


Oh what a night! The annual Spring Fairy Ball last weekend was held at St Johns Church which is one block from my apartment. I often go there to visit the grotto and consult my guardian gargoyles...

I spent the day relaxing and enjoying the spring sunshine, went for a walk to forage four leaf clovers, had a picnic in the Remington village green then came home to read fantasy fairy tales. As evening approached, I began to get dressed up in my forest finery. A green gown, gold leaf necklace, a lucky emerald ring...

photo by Bidlack Photography

When it was time to go to the ball I picked out a few fairy books from my collection to donate to the Little Free Library at the church as my contribution to the magic. After all, I am the local fairy for this church.



When I arrived I felt as if I had wandered onto the set of a fantasy film. It was a rococo cottagecore dream! Everyone was dressed in their best. Young fairies wandered around with silver serving platters of cheese, strawberry crepes, beet pickled eggs, tea sandwiches and other delicacies.

photo by Dave Schiabble

There were mushroom people, a strawberry vampire, a young hero, forest fairies, fellow forest queens, green men...


It was a wondered evening of dancing and making new friends. I hope to see you all there at the next Fairy festival!

photo by Dave Schiabble

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! (promote it in a fairy group or cottage core group?)

    ReplyDelete