Friday, January 31, 2014

How-To: Make your Car into a Woody!


I have a love/hate relationship with cars.  I live a car-free lifestyle, ride my bike everywhere in my town, and generally don't have much use for the polluting gas-guzzlers.   My boyfriend, however, needs a car to get to school.  (We go to community college and the nearest campus is a long drive away)  He saved up $800 when we were first dating and bought a vw bug.  I love our bug for long distance trips, but my family thinks I'm absolutely insane for not wanting a second vehicle.  I think they're absolutely insane for thinking that.  Anyway, I've always admired the look of those old "woody" station wagons.  I decided to try out that look on our car, and hopefully you'll want to as well!

Here's a "before" photo of the Volkswagen....


 For this project you'll only need a few simple supplies.  Scissors, a pen or pencil, a ruler, and wood grain shelving paper (I buy mine at the dollar stores)


Start off by using one piece of the wood grain paper.  Stretch it out and smooth any bubbles or wrinkles that pop up along the way...


Once the first piece is on, add the second piece on top...


Cut out a hole for the door handle...


And you're done!  Now go show off that classic car...



No comments:

Post a Comment