Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Living in a Fantasy Forest


Ever since I got back into town, I've been savoring the last week of summer.  Trying to get grounded and re-connect with nature instead of always putting pressure on to get things done.  When I got back home, the first thing I did was light some enchanted forest incense, put on some 60's records, and do a tarot reading.  

This is a spread I invented called the Tarot Tree.   Not all the friends of the forest realize this, but I used to be a freelance fortune-teller.  After high school I took correspondence courses in some new Age-y subjects.  I earned a diploma in Tarot Reading that way.  I don't feel a diploma is necessary, but the course really gave me a full understanding of the Tarot.  I would do readings for friends and family, set up a fortune-teller's tent at our yard sale, gave online tarot readings on this blog and even with a webcam and live chat,  and even did a few swap meets and made lots of money...however the coins came at a cost...people were always asking me to do readings for them, making me show off in front of their friends.  I actually got cursed by a Santeria practicing bruja at a swap meet for a reading I gave, but that's a story for another day....I didn't touch the cards for a few years after that, but I recently picked up one of the last decks I bought: The Wildwood Tarot.  This deck has many forest symbols, and I've been connecting to it like no other tarot set.  


In fact, I've been working on a book called Forest Fortunes, using spreads I've created  for this deck.  However, as this is not a traditional deck that many people have, I have been toying with the idea of creating my own deck...


We had a wonderful dinner at home this week .  I made a forest feast with few ingredients: bread, cheese, mushrooms, and green onions from our garden.  We sampled absinthe for the first time that night, sipping from deer 


Jesse got me a new flute, which is great since my panpipes broke last year.  I'm very drawn to wind instruments.  I can already play a few zelda tunes on it!





No comments:

Post a Comment